To carry our our obligations arising in connection with any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and a third party supplier, including:
a) To communicate with you regarding your booking or other purchase
b) Manage payments, fees and charge
c) Collect and recover money owed to us
d) Resolve complaints and deal with dispute
Type of Data
(f) Marketing & Communications
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest.
(a) Performance of a contract with you,including the use of data relating to criminal convictions and offences which may be required for VISA requirements or, for example, to secure car hire(.
b) Compliance with a legal obligation, including compliance with anti-money laundering legislation relating to foreign currency transactions
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
(d) The provision of preventative medicine and health care in relation to data relating to your health,
(e) Consent in relation to the processing of Sensitive Data such as your religious or philosophical beliefs.
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(c) Recording telephone conversations
(d) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated, to study how customers use our products/services and for colleague training and customer service)
To enable you to subscribe for our newsletter, take part in a prize draw, promotion or competition or complete a survey
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(e) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
(f) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any internal or external third parties for marketing purposes.
We won’t use your personal data for marketing purposes at all if you’ve told us not to. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Management Service Partners such as Protective Trust Services who provide administrative services and undertake management reporting.
External third parties including the following:
- Travel companies, airlines, hotels, insurers and other organisations involved in performing your contract.
- Industry regulatory bodies such as the Civil Aviation Authority and ABTA.
- Government bodies or other organisations in the UK and in other countries, such as those responsible for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism.
- Organisations that provide foreign exchange services in respect of travel money sales.
- Organisations to which we may outsource certain of our activities, such as printing, mailing and distribution services.
- Organisations that provide customer identity and address verification services.
- Organisations doing research for us.
- Organisations for the detection, investigation and prevention of crime, such as the National crime Agency in respect of money laundering.
- Financial organisations for purposes such as payment processing, finance plans and refunds.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
It may be necessary to pass your booking details to third parties, such as airlines, hotels and transfer providers, situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to perform our contract with you. Whenever we do so, we will try to make sure that your personal information is adequately protected.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which means that your information can’t be read by anyone who doesn’t need to see it. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. When you get in touch with us, we’ll ask you a couple of security questions before we share any personal details just to check it’s you. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those colleagues, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your Platinum World Travel account log in details to anyone. Please always remember to logout of your account when you have finished using our website.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. DATA RETENTION
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Data Protection Manager.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Complaints to the regulator
If you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this notice you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. You can contact them by going to their website at ico.org.uk, phoning them on 0303 123 1113 or by post to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF