Cape Town, Garden Route & Addo Adventure - 10 Days
Where you'll be going.............
Day 1 - Cape Town
- Arrival and Accommodation Check-in
- Arrive at Cape Town International Airport and make your own way to your accommodation in Cape Town, where you'll settle in for the evening.
Day 2 - Cape Town
- Sightseeing around Cape Town
- Today, you'll have the opportunity to explore Cape Town, or “the mother city” at your own pace. After breakfast, hop onboard a sightseeing bus that will whisk you around this beautiful port city on South Africa's southwest coast. You'll be able to visit some highlights such as the flat-topped mountain Table Mountain - a prominent landmark overlooking the city. Don't miss Signal Hill, V.A Waterfront, or Camps Bay either!
Day 3 - Cape Town
- Cape Town Free Day
- Today is yours to spend as you wish. Spend your day getting to know Cape Town even better, or book one of our optional day tours to Cape Peninsula or to the nearby winelands. Please let us know in advance if you wish to book any optional tours.
Day 4 - Cape Town to Cape Agulhas
- Penguin Colony - Hermanus - Cape Agulhas (D)
- You'll be up early today to make our way to our next destination - Hermanus. Sit back and enjoy the stunning views as we follow the scenic coastal road. We'll pause at Betties Bay to view a colony of endangered and adorable African penguins. Once we reach the seaside resort town of Hermanus, you'll be able to spend the afternoon here and browse its many shops, restaurants and markets. The town is famous for hundreds of Southern Right Whales during the whale season (July to November). Later on, we'll continue the drive down to Cape Agulhas. This is the most southern tip of Africa and we'll visit an exciting viewpoint known as the “real” place where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans converge.
Day 5 - Cape Agulhas to Oudtshoorn
- Oudtshoorn - Local Winery - Cango Caves (B/D)
- After breakfast, we'll hit the road and travel to Oudtshoorn in the Little Karoo, known as the Ostrich Capital of the World. We'll be heading there via the spectacular Route 62, which is South Africa’s longest wine route - so it's only right that we'll stop for a delicious lunch and wine tasting at a local winery. After that, we'll plunge into the subterranean beauty of the Cango Caves on a guided tour led by a local expert.
Day 6 - Oudtshoorn to Sedgefield
- Wilderness National Park - Knysna - Sedgefield (B/D)
- Today is definitely one of our favourite days. After a tasty breakfast, we'll head over the spectacular Outeniqua Mountain pass where we will explore Wilderness National Park in one of the best possible ways - by canoe! Soak in the serenity and natural beauty of the indigenous forests as we paddle up the Touw River, famous for its intriguing birdlife. After about 40 minutes, we'll leave the canoes for a 2km hike along a boardwalk that ends in a lovely waterfall and rock pools. After that, we'll visit the famous town of Knysna via the lavish Lake District of the Garden Route. This charming little town has a delightful waterfront and restaurants, so you'll be able to relax and do some shopping. We'll next visit the Knysna Heads viewpoint for some magnificent views over Knysna River estuary and the Indian Ocean. The afternoon will be yours to do as you please - why not explore Sedgefield with its beautiful views and beaches?
Day 7 - Sedgefield to Addo
- Tsitsikamma National Park - Addo (B/D)
- This morning, we're off to Tsitsikamma National Park, pausing at Bloukrans Bridge along the way to view the world’s highest bungee jump bridge (216 meters). Adventure seekers will have a chance to test their courage! We'll spend the rest of the morning in Tsitsikamma National Park, unique for its combination of indigenous forest and Indian Ocean coastline. You'll be able to opt for a range of outdoor activities in the park, including hiking, crossing a suspension bridge and swimming. We'll then depart the Garden Route and make our way to 'Big 5 country', Addo for our next adventure.
Day 8 - Addo to Sedgefield
- Game viewing in Addo Elephant National Park
- You'll spend an exciting morning exploring Addo Elephant National Park! This 28,000-hectare National reserve is home to approximately 600 elephant and some Cape buffalo, lion, black rhino, warthog, zebra, eland, kudu, hartebeest and many more animals. After 2-3 hours of game viewing, we will drive back to the heart of the Garden Route where we will spend the night in the town of Wilderness or Mossel Bay.
Day 9 - Mossel Bay to Cape Town
- Mossel Bay - Cape Town (B)
- After breakfast, we'll spend some time in the spectacular beaches of Mossel Bay. We'll hike the Cape St. Blaize trail along the cliffs overlooking the Indian Ocean, and visit the famous Diaz Museum that commemorates the first known European exploration around the tip of Africa. If you're feeling adventurous, you might also want to try the 10,000-foot tandem skydive or sandboarding on the longest dune in South Africa. We'll reach Cape Town in the early evening.
Day 10 - Cape Town
- Accommodation Check-out
- It's been a whirlwind adventure and we're sorry to see you go! Your tour will end upon checking out of your Cape Town accommodation. We wish you safe travels!
- 9 Nights Accommodation (Hostels/ 3* hotels)
- 8 Meals ( 4 Breakfasts, 4 Dinners)
- English Speaking Tour Guide (Days 4-8)
What's Not Included.......
- Airport Transfers
- Meals Not Mentioned In The Itinerary
- Optional Activities
- Visa Fees
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance